2 - 3 Years
$ 16.00 - $ 18.00 / Hour
Smithers, British Columbia
Position: Food service supervisor (NOC 6311)
Company: Noir Food Services Ltd o/a Noir Kitchen and Bar
• Location: 3251 highway 16 east Smithers, BC V0J 2N0
• Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 / hour (To be negotiated)
• Vacancies: 2 vacancies
• Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous
people, Newcomers to Canada
• Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 30 to 40 hours / week
• Start date: As soon as possible
• Benefits: Gratuities, Medical benefits, Dental benefits
• Employment conditions: Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Flexible hours
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Ability to Supervise
Staff in various areas of responsibility
Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Client focus, Team player
- Supervises employees engaged in the production of food, catering and beverage service, ensuring a consistent level of service for all
shifts and special events.
- Plans, assigns, and reviews work of assigned staff; adjusting work assignments as necessary to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Resolves employee and/or customer complaints and disciplines as necessary.
- Opening and closing duties
- Complies with all Human Resources and payroll processes regarding employee records. Evaluates employee performance and prepares
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Train staff in job duties such as sanitation, safety and food storage methods.
- May take entry level position duties when business level requires serving, bartending, cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, tables, menus etc
Estimate and order ingredients and supplies, Ensure food service and quality control, Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage, Prepare and submit reports, Must have knowledge of the establishment's culinary genres, Establish work schedules, Establish methods to meet work schedules, Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures, Address customers' complaints or concerns
Food and beverage servers, Food service counter attendants and food preparers
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.