1 Years +
$ 23.73 / Hour
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Italian immigrant John Fortino opened his first store in 1961 in downtown Hamilton with the promise of good, fresh food, competitive prices, a clean & organized environment, and excellent service.
Today the Loblaw-owned FORTINOS banner has 23 stores across the GTA. Therefore, we are now looking for qualified butchers to assist our meat department. The successful candidate will be working in our location in Oakville.
- Cut, trim and prepare consumer-sized portions of meat for sale.
- Prepare and attractively display meat cuts and products on the display counter.
- Prepare standard cuts of meat and poultry.
- Use power machines to grind and slice meats.
- Wrap prepared meats and poultry.
- Work with management to determine the amount and types of meat cuts to be prepared.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, adhering to safety and sanitation policies.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High School Required;
- Flexible Schedules, including weekends;
- 1- 2+ years of experience working with meat, preferably in a high-volume retail environment;
- Ability to work with knives, hand tools and utensils;
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented;
- Work under pressure.
- As per Union Collective Agreement
How to apply: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-Time