1 Years +
$ 27.10 / Hour
Surrey, British Columbia
Creekside Millworks specializes in manufacturing and installing residential, commercial and industrial millwork. We have specialized equipment in order to customize any project and deliver exceptional quality products. Our staff combines years of experience with industry leading training and detailed product knowledge to help you. We manufacture and distribute custom, stock and specialty, millwork, stairs, railings, fittings, flooring and related components, as well as other interior and exterior finishing products. We also provide design and DIY assistance for mouldings, floors and stairs, as well as resource materials. We are currently searching for a cabinetmaker to join our team.
Secondary (high) school graduation certifi cate
1 year to less than 2 years
Custom cabinet shop
Accurate, Effective interpersonal skills, Organized, Team player
Area of Specialization
Cabinets, Furniture and cabinet remodeling
• Study plans, specifications, or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications.
• Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures, and related products.
• Operating woodworking machines and using hand tools to cut, shape and form wood.
• Trim joints and fi t parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce joints.
• working with high-speed woodworking machinery.
• Wearing the requisite uniform and taking necessary precautions to remain safe
• shape and form parts and components.
• Maintain clean and safe work environment.
• Apply varnish, veneer, stain, or polish to finished products.
• Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut.
• Cutting resources down to size, as needed.
• Advising on appropriate care for finished products upon request.
• Be exact in measurements and markings so that materials will be used efficiently, and the projects will meet budgetary restrictions
• Maintain a safe working environment by cleaning and disposing of old materials, such as nails and screws
• Selecting the appropriate materials, fittings, and tools for each task.
• Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain, or polish to finished products
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods