Location: 304 Kelly Rd, Grand Falls, NB E3Z 1K3
Salary: $24.50 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, 40 hours per Week
Employment Group: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Employment Conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
• The Welder at D&N Metals Co Ltd is responsible for executing welding operations using various techniques such as MIG, TIG, and spot welding. You will follow established procedures, blueprints, and specifications to ensure precise and high-quality welds. Welders must possess excellent welding skills and a thorough understanding of different metals, welding techniques, and filler materials.
• In projects involving demolition, the welder will collaborate closely with the demolition team. You will use your welding expertise to dismantle structures safely and efficiently. This may involve cutting and welding metal components using appropriate techniques and tools. You need to understand the structural integrity of the materials being worked on to ensure the safety and success of the demolition project. • The Welder will play a crucial role in tank decommissioning services. You are responsible for cutting and welding metal components of tanks during the decommissioning process. You will follow strict safety protocols to ensure the safe disposal and recycling of tanks while adhering to industry regulations.
• As part of D&N Metals Co Ltd.’s commitment to safe and responsible recycling practices, you are involved in the handling and recycling of scrap metal. You will play a key role in assessing and segregating scrap metal, ensuring that it is properly prepared for recycling. The welder may need to use cutting and welding techniques to dismantle large metal structures or equipment for recycling purposes.
• The Welder at D&N Metals Co Ltd prioritize safety in all aspects of their work. You will strictly adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to prevent accidents and injuries. This includes wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), maintaining a clean and organized work area, and following safe handling practices for materials and equipment.
• As a Welder, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including supervisors and other fabricators. You will communicate effectively to ensure smooth workflow, coordinate tasks, and address any issues or concerns related to welding operations.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail
Flexibility, Organized, Team Player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: