Location: 20055 Langley Bypass, Langley, BC V3A 8R6
Salary: $16.75 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Vacancy : 2
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, 40 hours per Week
Employment Group: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Employment Conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
No degree, certificate or diploma
- As a Kitchen Helper for Quiznos Sub, you will be preparing meal ingredients for the cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients; Experience on grill, broiler, slicers, fryers etc.
- You will be working with stainless steel equipment, such as ducts, industrial stoves; Properly washing and drying all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments and cutting boards; Neatly putting away all utensils, cooking instruments, dishes, and cutting boards in their respective places.
- As a Kitchen Helper, you should be aware of certain allergies and avoid cross contamination; Inquire about any allergies to the ingredients of the dishes; Provide dietary related information to customers as needed.
- Assist and coordinate with chefs in carrying out culinary tasks to produce quality food.
- Start washing dishes, begin prepping and running pizza base and necessary raw materials foods in the kitchen, boil seafood and vegetables.
- Assisting kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks; Retrieve ingredients from supply areas, operate and retrieve food from the food steamers, ovens, and stoves.
- A Kitchen Helper will maintain restaurant cleanliness according to state health standards; Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety standards.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Use of POS system and cash register when necessary.
- Mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas as required.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure
Reliability, Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: