Location: 8939 120 ST Delta, BC V4C 6R6
Employment groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours per week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Assisting with stock ordering and monitoring procedures; Maintaining records of food costs, consumption, sales, and inventory.
- Preparing and cooking food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions; Establishing staff and production schedules to ensure there is sufficient help throughout and to enable timely delivery of food items; Determining when there is a need for additional help at Delight Street Eats Ltd. to maintain satisfactory service.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff, including cooks and kitchen employees when there is a need; Cascade your knowledge and expert cooking to all kitchen staff.
- Demonstrate excellent food preparation practices, portion control and end to end food production along with introducing new techniques and equipment's to cooking staff.
- Monitoring food consumption to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and minimum waste; Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Inspecting work areas, supplies, ingredients, and cooking equipment to ensure constant conformance to regulatory standards.
- Analysing recipes and making menu changes when necessary to minimize overhead costs while still keeping customers happy; Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards.
- Monitoring and overseeing sanitation practices to ensure that employees strictly adhere to the standards and regulations of cleanliness.
- Support the Head Chief Chef of the Delight Street Eats Ltd. in the introduction of new seasonal dishes and delivering on all restaurant measures & targets; Instructing cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Perform any reasonable duties as required from time to time to contribute to the achievement of Delight Street Eats’ aims and objectives.
- Take responsibility for delivering the highest measures of food production and presentation to customers including preparing dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Participating fully in all meetings and trainings; Suggesting innovation and commercially viable ideas to improve food quality at the restaurant.
- Coordinating all food budgeting, purchasing, and planning operations with other members of the staff; Follow all company operational kitchen process and procedures, achieving all required standards.
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail
Flexibility, Organized, Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: