Location: 8939 120 ST Delta, BC V4C 6R6
Salary: $27.50 per hour
Employment groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours/week
Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
Start date: As soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Preparing meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen.
- Planning specific menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies at Delight Street Eats Ltd.
- Putting attention to the detail and presentation of each order.
- Placing and expediting re-stocking orders; Assisting with receipt of deliveries, when required.
- Preparing ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste; and plating meals.
- Completing hot meal preparation with the help of expert head chef/company director at Delight Street Eats by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients and assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Adhering to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintaining temperature and kitchen stock logs as required; and maintaining appropriate dating, labelling, and rotation of all ingredients accordingly.
- Managing inventory and records of food & order required supplies and equipment; Storing leftovers according to Delight Street Eats’ established standards.
- Ensuring smooth operation of restaurant’s services during absence of the supervisor; Inspect kitchens and food service areas.
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage, and work areas.
- Completing cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules and dishwashing/pot washing as needed.
- Recruit and hire staff; Assisting with orienting new employees to their work area; Supervise kitchen staff and helpers.
- Instructing personnel in use of new equipment and cleaning methods and providing efficient and effective methods of maintaining restaurant’s work area.
- Contributing to Delight Street Eats’ image by participating in programs, committees, or projects designed to improve quality of food and customer service and employee productivity.
- Preparing dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances; Listening to customer complaints and suggestions and resolves complaints, if necessary; Pleasing customers of Delight Street Eats by providing a pleasant dining experience.
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks
Flexibility, Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: