Location: 255 Foord St. Stellarton, NS B0K 1S0
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Employment group: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time , 40 hours/week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Serving patrons of The Sam’s Pizza with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
- As a food server for The Sam’s Pizza, your job is to present ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner and maintain dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Preparing table for dining by clothing tables and setting condiments, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Helping patrons select food and beverages by suggesting courses, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmitting orders to the kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeping kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serving orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from the kitchen.
- Responding to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintaining table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concluding dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting patrons to return; Address any customers' complaints or concerns.
- Obtaining revenues by totalling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Supervising other servers and bussing staff; Schedule and Train novice servers when required.
- Protecting establishment such as Sam’s Pizza and its patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Client focus, Flexibility, Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: