Location: 45662 Yale Rd Chilliwack, BC V2P 2N3
Salary: $34.50 per hour
Start date: As soon as possible
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours per week
Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
Employment Group: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- As an Automotive Technician at SMS Motors, you will be responsible for diagnosing electrical and electronic issues in vehicles, using diagnostic tools and equipment to identify the root cause of problems.
- You will perform repairs and maintenance tasks on electrical and electronic systems, including wiring, sensors, ignition systems, lighting systems, power windows, power locks, and other electrical components.
- You may be required to install new electrical and electronic systems in vehicles, such as audio systems, GPS navigation systems, and aftermarket accessories.
- After completing repairs or installations, you will conduct tests to ensure that the electrical and electronic systems are functioning correctly, and all components are properly integrated.
- In cases where customers report electrical or electronic issues, you will investigate and troubleshoot the problem, identifying the specific component or circuit that is causing the malfunction.
- An Automotive Technician will work with vehicle wiring, circuits, and connectors, repairing or replacing damaged components as necessary. This may involve soldering, crimping, and using specialized tools to ensure proper connections.
- You will maintain accurate records of all repairs, replacements, and tests performed on electrical and electronic systems. This documentation is essential for customer billing, warranty claims, and future reference.
- You will adhere to safety protocols and guidelines set by SMS Motors while working on electrical and electronic systems, ensuring that all repairs and installations meet industry safety standards.
- Professionally represent SMS Motors by communicating with customers to understand their concerns, explain repair options, and provide estimates for the work needed. Building good customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction is an important aspect of the job.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Hand-eye co-ordination, Attention to detail
Accurate, Dependability, Reliability, Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: