Location: 45662 Yale Rd, Chilliwack, BC V2P 2N3
Salary: $29.00 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, 40 hours per Week
Employment Group: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Employment Condition: Day, Evening, Morning
2 years to less than 3 years
- As a bookkeeper for SMS Motors, your task will be to prepare complete financial statements monthly according to dealership guidelines and the industry standard format and time frame.
- Maintain an effective cash management system for the dealership by forecasting cash needs; Controlling petty cash amounts for dealership and sales department; Preparing daily bank deposit and cash report.
- Provide a timely daily operating control (DOC) and keeping the general manager informed about trends.
- The bookkeeper will ensure that all customer accounts including warranty claims, rebates, interest, protection, and co-op advertising accounts are current and accurate.
- Perform bookkeeping duties including maintaining data on financial statements, reviewing bank reconciliations, and more.
- Confirm that books are reconciled with bank statements and preparing all month-end dealership accounting reports; The bookkeeper will be assisting the owner in completion of annual review/audit; Preparing sales commission detail reports.
- Provide assistance to management and employees, as requested.
- Ensure dealership’s transactions are accurately recorded in all general ledgers and accounts receivable/accounts payable are processed promptly and properly.
- Prepare tax reports, tax deposits and tax returns in a timely, accurate manner; Compiling information and prepare reports as requested by management and/or dealer principal.
- Organize cross training of the qualified substitutes through on-the-job guidance to existing or novice employees at SMS Motors Inc.
- Keep an updated file of all dealership job descriptions; Process paperwork for new employees and terminations; Maintain confidential employment files.
- Reconcile and balance accounts; Complete records to trial balance; Compile reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss and other items pertinent to operation of SMS Motors.
- Monitor payment of invoices ensuring duplicate payments are not made and that invoices are not paid without authorization.
- Oversee automotive group payroll, so employees receive prompt payment; Calculating employee wages from records or timecards and prepares payroll checks.
- Post vendor invoices into accounting accurately with PO’s or requisitions attached; Post and process all approved vendor invoices for payment; Maintain approved vendor files including all required tax and insurance information; Reconcile and deposit service and parts receipts, including charge cards.
- File all accounting correspondence in proper files in a timely manner; Prepare accurate financing quotations for customers and assist in any financial client dilemma that may arise within the dealership.
- Controlling all posted documents, including time records, vehicle deals, commissions and additions and changes to inventory; Approve adjustments to inventory and receivable accounts.
- Approve new charge accounts and overseeing collection of past due accounts.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail
Accurate, Judgement, Organized
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: