2 years to less than 3 years
• Performing Routine Maintenance task to ensure that vehicles are sales and roadworthy.
• Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements.
• Planning repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
• Performing basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
• Testing and modifying the performance of repaired systems to meet the manufacturer's specifications.
• Maintaining accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
• Complete full vehicle inspections to check for leaks, damage, or other issues of concern.
• Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
• Check for repair materials and order them in advance.
• Paying attention to customer complaints to determine malfunction causes.
• Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with the supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace the unit.
• Estimate parts and labour costs.
• Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail
Standing for extended periods