Location: 13176 Lilley Dr, Maple Ridge, BC V2W 1C6
Salary: $29.00 / hour
Employment groups: Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Morning, Day, Evening, Night
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Examine logs and rough lumber to decide best lumber cuts
- Operate automated lumbermill equipment from control rooms or consoles
- Saw, trim and plane rough lumber into dressed lumber of various sizes
- Saw or split shingles and shakes
- Start conveyor system to move logs and lumber to and from saws
- Monitor logs and lumber movement to ensure cuts are made according to specifications
- Set up and adjust saw equipment
- Replace blades or bands
- Clean and lubricate sawmill equipment
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
-You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
-You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?