A&W Fruit Union Plaza in Vernon is looking for one permanent full time Food Service Supervisor who could join immediately. The following are the requirements for the job.
Location: A&W Restaurants
3101 Highway 6, Vernon, BC V1T 9H6
Title: Food Service Supervisor
Anticipated Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation: $14.90 per hour
Work hours: 32 hours/week
TERMS: PERMANENT FULL TIME
Positions Available: One
Job duties and responsibilities
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of the food servers, and the kitchen staff.
• Maintaining a high standard of hygiene in the preparation of meals and in the kitchen/ dining area.
• Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation in consultation with the cooks
• Establish methods to meet work schedules
• Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
• Responsible for training and developing servers
• Supervision and training of local kitchen staff in hygiene and the provision of healthy multi ethnical food.
• Maintaining good communications with other delegates and staff.
• Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
• Dealing with and resolving customer complaints
• Overseeing client food orders
• Handling sales receipts and cash balances at the end of the day
The McMurray Group is a franchise company with 40+ A&W restaurants extending across British Columbia and the Yukon Territories. We take pride in offering our employees a job like no other, and a work environment that cannot be found anywhere else. Our working environment is based on respect and listening. Everyone's efforts and results are recognized and celebrated.
Starting hourly wage is $14.90, depending upon experience and/or completion of in-house training. We also offer various benefits which include an extensive single or family Medical/Dental Benefit which comprises of Pharmaceuticals, Hospital Care, Paramedical, Medical Equipment, Travel, Visioncare, Basic and Optional Life, along with an optional Group RSP.
• Education: Completion of Secondary School
• Work Experience: 2-3 years of related work experience
• Ability to work under pressure
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
If you think you might be a good fit for this position, please EMAIL (Only) your recent resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line should be: Food Service Supervisor)