We are looking for an experienced and compassionate caregiver for our elderly mother for a full time position in her private home, located on Bathurst Street in North York, ON.
• 2-3 years of experience working with seniors or with people with disabilities
• Secondary school diploma required
• First AID/ CPR certification
• Patience, compassion and sensitivity to elderly people with special needs
• Demonstrate high level of responsibility and organizational skills
• Availability for occasional overtime
• Weight handling: 45-60 kg (100-132 lbs)
• Prepare and provide a balanced diet meals, and feed or assist in feeding
• Provide personal care and assist in regular exercise, walk
• Administer bedside and personal care such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing/undressing, change non-sterile dressings
• Accompany to doctors clinic and administer medications
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment at home
• Shop for food and household supplies
• Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds
Language Requirements: English
Location of work: North York, Ontario (M3H 6A4)
Work Setting: Work take place in Employer`s home. Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis; (Note: This is NOT a condition of employment).
Job starting date: As soon as possible.
Terms of employment: full-time, permanent position
Hourly rate: $18.00. Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Overtime rate: $27.00 paid after 44 hours per week
Indigenous people and Newcomers to Canada are encouraged to apply.
NON SMOKING and FRAGRANCE FREE ENVIRONMENT IS STRICTLY OBSERVED
Please send resume outlining qualifications in response to: email@example.com