Company Operating Name: Boardstiff Touring Ltd.
Business Address: 542 2 Ave, Fernie, BC V0B 1M0
Boardstiff is an independently owned snowboard and outdoor equipment retailer founded in 1998 in Fernie, BC Canada. We specialise in snowboarding hardgoods, softgoods and accessories during the winter and outdoor pursuits such as Skateboarding, longboarding and paddleboarding over the summer.
We are looking to employ a Store Manager to oversee the daily operations of the business. This ranges from ensuring our inventory is correct and liaising with suppliers for store orders, to solving problems with customers on the shop floor. We are offering $25/hour for 30+ hours a week with 4% vacation pay.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
Day to Day
- Oversee the daily operations of the store, This includes managing employees, assigning duties, monitoring stock levels/merchandising - around the store and implementing promotions/sales strategies.
- Create and maintain an effective schedule for all employees, whilst constantly monitoring staffing requirements.
- Manage and lead the store team by assisting with recruitment, training and general workplace development.
- Ensure customers are satisfied with their experience, this includes settling disputes/customer complaints.
- Liaising with the store owner on sales/business activity and escalating customer concerns to them if necessary.
Inventory, Supplier management and Purchasing
- Manage the inventory of the store to ensure accurate representation for in store sales and online orders.
- Act as the main point of contact with suppliers to retain positive relationships and secure new merchandise for resale.
- Study Market trends to assess customer demand and maximise profitability of the store.
- Locate and secure new products for sale that meet the demand of potential customers.
- Compare the store offering to competitors operations to determine effect on sales volumes.
- Plan Budgets for the store taking into consideration seasonality and regular expenditure. This includes authorising the store’s general expenditures.
Website and Marketing
- Develop and maintain all aspects of Boardstiff’s Marketing strategies including creating new sales/marketing campaigns. This includes maintaining and updating the store’s Social Media presence to attract new potential customers.
- Manage online sales from the website ranging from customer queries to handling and shipping.
Job Requirements and qualifications
- Completion of High school is required.
- A University degree in a relevant field is required.
- Previous experience in retail sales in the ski/snowboard industry is required.
- Previous experience in managing small to medium sized teams is required.
- Essential skills: The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in basic-intermediate IT skills, word - processing and illustrative skills for maintaining administration and up to date store information.
- Team player: The candidate must be able to work and lead effectively as part of a team. This includes communication with the business owner, suppliers, colleagues and the public.
- The candidate must be an active member of the ski and snowboard community.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Speak fluent English.
- Security and safety: Basic security clearance.